Croeso i Dosbarth Gwyrdd
Week beginning Monday 28th September 2020
Good morning children and parents,
Welcome back! We have had a busy few weeks settling back into school life and adapting to the new school routine in Year 3. Since returning to school, children’s well-being has been a particular focus and concern for us all. In class, we have paid particular attention to children’s emotional well-being and the importance of talking about how they are feeling in a safe and supportive environment. We feel that the children have gone through a significant amount of change and the primary focus must be to adjust them back into the new school routine.
Since returning to school, myself and Mrs Hawkey have also been carrying out a number assessments with the children which include reading, writing, spelling and maths in order to establish where they are currently in their learning journey. We are now using this information to inform our planning and work closely with the children in targeted focused groups.
- All children should be bringing a coat and water bottle to school each day.
- All uniform, bags, bottles etc. should be clearly labelled with your child’s name.
- A pair of wellies should be left in school in a labelled bag.
- Due to the school day being shorter, we do not currently have a set PE day. As we are trying to go outside regularly for activities Mrs Taylor has said the children can wear joggers on any day.
- Monday 28th September – Inset Day
- Tuesday 29th September – School Picture Day and the Feast of St Michael Celebration
- Friday 2nd October – Non-uniform day
By now you should have all received your child’s Seesaw code. Please make sure your child logs onto their Seesaw account regularly to check for upcoming homework tasks and activities that will support them with their learning in school. This year we will be using Seesaw where possible in order to minimise paper going between school and home in a variety of ways:
- To set homework tasks.
- Reading (we will be using physical books in school then reporting back on Seesaw and giving Giglets books for home reading – we are currently in the process of setting this up)
- To show work your child is particularly pleased with.
Castles and Dragons:
Thank you for all of your ideas and suggestions of what you’d like to learn about during our new topic, ‘Castles and Dragons’. During this topic we will be covering:
- Medieval Wales: the period 1063 to 1283
- Welsh Princes and significant Welsh figures
- The lives of the rich and poor
- How to use a range of historical source materials to find out information about the past
- Castles of Wales, their building, function and importance in past and present times
- Myths and legends
- How to order things chronologically
We appreciate that these are unprecedented times and we wish to say a huge thank you for all of your support and continuing to work hard with your children at home. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns my school email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your continued support,
Miss Vile and Mrs Hawkey
September at a glance…